HBO GO allows subscribers to enjoy their favourite HBO Original programmes 12 hours after the U.S. across multiple devices including laptops, tablets and smartphones, anytime, anywhere. HBO GO draws on a vast library of around 1,000 hours of HBO Original programmes including series, films and other special programming such as documentaries, entertainment specials, family content and stand-up comedy. Exciting line-up of programmes include the latest seasons of award-winning and critically acclaimed series, GAME OF THRONES, GIRLS, TRUE BLOOD, THE LEFTOVERS, TRUE DETECTIVE and VEEP. Popular series such as BAND OF BROTHERS, THE PACIFIC and THE NEWSROOM will also be available. Subscribers will be able to select what they want to watch on the device of their choice, giving more control to the viewer.
HBO GO is currently available in Hong Kong and Philippines.
- What is HBO GO?
HBO GO is an internet-based service that allows HBO subscribers on pay TV to enjoy exclusive HBO Originals - series, HBO movies, documentaries, comedies, family and other entertainment content - over PCs, MACs, iOS/Android mobile and tablet devices at no additional charge. Currently, access to HBO GO is available to HBO SUPER PAK subscribers with Hong Kong Now TV and HBO subscribers with SKYcable in Philippines.
- Who has access to HBO GO?
HBO GO service is exclusively available for HBO subscribers. You can access and use HBO GO if you are a HBO SUPER PAK subscriber with Hong Kong Now TV or a HBO subscriber with SKYcable in Philippines.
HBO GO is free to HBO PAK subscribers of Now TV in Hong Kong¹ and in the Philippines HBOGO is free for SKYcable HBO Pak subscribers or HBO subscribers on select SKYbroadband Plans.
1. HBO SUPER PAK subscribers refer to those who subscribe to the full suite of HBO channels that include HBO, CINEMAX, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY, HBO HITS, HBO HD and HBO ON DEMAND.
2. HBO Full Pack Subscribers refer to those who subscribe to the full suite of HBO channels that include HBO, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY, HBO HITS, in either SD or HD)
- What do I get to see on HBO GO?
An HBO subscriber who qualifies for access to HBO GO will be able to enjoy:
- Full seasons on all series of HBO Original content
- For new HBO episodes, same day/date as US broadcast
- Other HBO films and other special programming such as documentaries, entertainment specials, family content and stand-up comedies
- Over 1,000 hours of popular and acclaimed HBO content
- Unlimited viewing of content
- Recommendations of similar popular programmes
- Additional information and extra content such as behind-the-scenes and previews
- User-friendly and intuitive interface to easily find what you’re looking for
- What is included in HBO GO?
Currently, the HBO GO service contains over 1,000 hours comprising library and current HBO content. New content will be added in as and when they become available and most content will not be removed from the HBO GO service.
- How often are new shows uploaded to HBO GO?
The latest HBO Originals movies and episodes are uploaded to the HBO GO service as and when they become available. Most content will stay on the HBO GO service indefinitely unless content rights do not permit.
- Are all HBO shows available via HBO GO?
HBO GO will contain library and current titles of HBO Originals that include series, HBO movies, documentaries, comedies, family and other entertainment content. HBO GO will have more content than the HBO, CINEMAX, HBO FAMILY, HBO HITS and HBO SIGNATURE channels, as well as the HBO ON DEMAND service. Some content will never have been seen on the HBO service in Asia previously.
- Can I watch a live broadcast of any of the HBO channels on my computer within HBO GO?
This service is not yet available currently; however we may introduce this feature in the future.
- Can I watch HBO GO shows in HD?
Content on HBO GO is not currently available in HD and this will form part of future rollout plans.
- What is the minimum speed of internet connectivity required to run HBO GO?
The minimum required bit rate is 500kb/sec and the maximum is 1.9Mb/sec. (Please note that with a lower bit rate, the video quality with be less desirable). By clicking on the Help menu in the lower right corner of the HBO GO interface, you can easily run a compatibility test to check the quality of HBO GO on your computer. HBO GO automatically adjusts to the speed of your broadband internet connection. We employ an adaptive streaming technology that automatically matches your broadband speed and the bit rate of the videos.
- Are subtitles and dual language offered on HBO GO?
At the moment, HBO GO will feature content in the English language only. In the future, we will enhance HBO GO with new capabilities such as multi-language options.
- How do I download the mobile and/or tablet applications for HBO GO?
The HBO GO application can be downloaded for free from App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
- What are the supported operating systems and browsers?
Supported Operating Systems (OS) :
Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1
Apple OSX 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 (Intel architectures only)
Supported web browsers by platforms:
PC – Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox 3+, Apple Safari 4+, Google Chrome 12+
MAC – Apple Safari 4+, Mozilla Firefox 3+
Please note that this list is constantly changing to reflect software advancements. New upgrades will be updated to this list.
- What are the supported devices for HBO GO?
As at July 2014:
(a) iOS Devices
Minimum OS version: iOS 6.1x+
App version: 3.1.6.
Minimum bandwidth: 250 kbps
Supported iOS devices:
iPhone 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5S, 5C
iPad, iPad2, iPad3, iPad 4, iPad mini, Mini + Retina
Minimum OS version: Android 2.3, but we recommend 4.x
App version: 3.1.5.
Minimum resolution: 320x480
CPU: 800 MHz
Memory: 256 Mb
Minimum bandwidth: 250 kbps
Sample of supported mobile devices:
- Samsung: Samsung Galaxy Note 3; Galaxy S4; Galaxy S II (2.3.4); Galaxy S3 (4.0.4); Galaxy Nexus (4.0.2); Galaxy Xcover 2; Galaxy Young; Galaxy Note II; Galaxy Premier; Galaxy S II HD LTE; Galaxy S III; Galaxy R Style; Galaxy Ace 2; Galaxy Core; Galaxy Express; Galaxy Grand; Galaxy R; Galaxy Reverb; Galaxy Rugby LTE; Galaxy S Advance; Galaxy S DUOS; Galaxy S II; Galaxy S II LTE; Galaxy S II Plus
- HTC: Rhyme (2.3.5); Chacha (hardware accelerated player is not supported, must be off); One M7; OneX
- Sony: Ericsson Xperia Arc (2.3.4), Xperia P, Xperia Z
- Google: Nexus 7; Nexus 4; Galaxy Tab 2 Wi-Fi (7.0); Galaxy Tab 10.1 (3.2); Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi 7.0 Plus
- Motorola: XOOM MZ601 (3.2)
- Vodafone: SmartTab 10 (3.2)
- Acer: Iconia Tab A500; Iconia Tab A100 (3.2.1)
- Asus: Eee Pad Transformer TF 101
(c) Computer (PC / Mac)
Minimum OS version: Windows XP, Mac Leopard OSX (Intel base) - Silverlight 5 is required!
Current version: 3.0
Supported browsers: IE10+, Firefox (Windows, MAC), Chrome (Windows, MAC), Safari (MAC)
Minimal resolution: 1024x768
Minimal processor: Intel Core Duo (1.6-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor with 512-MB of RAM)
Please note that this list is constantly changing to reflect device advancements. New upgrades will be updated to this list
- What is the difference between HBO GO and HBO ON DEMAND?
The HBO ON DEMAND service is only available on the set-top-box of a pay-tv operator. HBO GO is available on internet and mobile connected devices.
HBO ON DEMAND content will be removed after a certain period of time and you will be able to catch up on HBO GO. When you use HBO GO, you can choose from a wider and richer selection of HBO movies, series and other programming – over 1,000 hours of library and current content that will remain on the service and added on to as and when they become available. With HBO GO, you can watch your favourite HBO shows anytime, anywhere and at your convenience.
- I am already an HBO subscriber, why should I have HBO GO as well?
HBO GO provides you with a wider range of HBO movies, series and other programmes which you can watch anytime or anywhere on your internet or mobile connected devices.
HBO GO gives you the freedom to watch the content you like on the device you choose with special functionalities not available on the set-top-box. You can also watch new HBO episodes or movies as soon as 12 hours from US broadcast.
- May I have just HBO GO without an HBO pay TV subscription?
No, the HBO GO service is exclusively available for HBO subscribers. You can access HBO GO if you are a HBO SUPER PAK subscriber with Hong Kong Now TV or a HBO subscriber with SKYcable in Philippines.
- How much does HBO GO cost?
HBO GO is free to HBO PAK subscribers of Now TV in Hong Kong. HBO SUPER PAK subscribers refer to those who subscribe to the full suite of HBO channels that include HBO, CINEMAX, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY, HBO HITS, HBO HD and HBO ON DEMAND.
In the Philippines, subscribers with SKYcable HBO Full Pack, or SKYbroadband 5Mbps unlimited paired with SKYcable HBO Asia will get free access to HBO Go. HBO Full Pack subscribers refer to those who subscribe to the full suite of HBO channels that include HBO, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY, HBO HITS (in either SD or HD).
In addition, other SKYcable HBO Asia subscribers can access HBO GO for a fee.
- Can I watch HBO GO all day long on one device?
HBO GO is available 24 hours a day on any 3 of your registered devices (subject to one concurrent stream) of an authenticated/verified subscriber.